Relaxed and Authentic Studio Maternity Photos for Portland families.
Maybe you’re feeling that lovely pregnancy glow… but maybe you’re not and unsure if you want studio maternity photos.
I’m here to meet you where you’re at and help you remember this special time with your baby through a maternity photo session.
I’ll be honest, I did not feel that pregnancy glow. Pregnancy was taxing on my body and I gained a lot of weight really fast, making me super uncomfortable.
However, as a photographer I knew how special maternity photos would be. I wanted to have beautiful images of myself with my baby inside me. I also don’t have any photos of my mom pregnant with me, and I wish I did. I would love to see a photo of her with me in her belly. So, I knew I wanted photos not just for myself, but for my child as well. And let me tell you, I’m so glad I have those images. It’s incredible looking back on them and thinking about this tiny little human who was growing in there.
It might not feel totally important at this moment. But you can never get these moments back. Someday, your baby is going to love looking at photos of you with them in your belly. Every person I’ve spoken to who didn’t do maternity portraits, regrets it now. Your future self will thank you for making the investment.
I am participating in a blog circle this month and am sharing a link to another amazing photographer in Indianapolis! Be sure to check out her link at the end of this blog post.
Table of Contents
I offer two options for studio maternity photos:
- Full family studio maternity photos – This type of session typically lasts about an hour and we create a variety of images together focusing on your family connection. If you have older children they are of course welcome and I love photographing them interacting with your bump. We create a variety of images together of the entire family, the parents, and of course you and your baby bump.
- Petite maternity photos – This type of session is for the pregnant person only. It’s a time for you to relax and connect with your baby. These sessions last about thirty minutes which allows time for at least 2 different outfits which you can borrow from in my client wardrobe.
When you work with Ashlie Behm Photography you get:
- A relaxed and authentic maternity photography experience
- An experienced photographer who will help guide you through the entire session and make you look and feel your best
- A feminine wardrobe that you can borrow from for your maternity session
- Help coordinating outfits for the entire family
- Access to an amazing hair and makeup artist who will help pamper you on session day
- Artwork design services providing you with heirloom quality prints
If all of this sounds good to you then fill out my contact form today and let’s chat about creating some beautiful photographs of your family this year.
Tips for pampering yourself a bit before your studio maternity photos.
Treat yourself to:
- A massage so you are nice and relaxed for your session.
- a manicure and pedicure so your nails look beautiful and fresh for your photos. I always recommend sticking with a light, neutral color so they match the aesthetic of our session.
- Hair & Makeup by my preferred makeup artist Jovana. She is amazing and will help you look and feel your best for your session. She specializes in enhancing and highlighting your natural features so your makeup is subtle and looks perfect for the camera. Even if you don’t typically wear a lot of makeup, I highly recommend scheduling with her because she knows what looks good on camera.
Taking the opportunity to pamper yourself means you’ll show up to your session ready to shine. Together we’ll create gorgeous images.
After your session, I’ll help you create a beautiful album of your images so you can always remember this once-in-a-lifetime pregnancy with your darling baby.
Ready to book your session and create some stunning studio maternity photos together? Great! Click here to head on over to my contact form to get started.
Keep on scrolling to see some more images from past studio maternity photo sessions in my SE Portland studio.
All items for Mama are in my studio client wardrobe and are available for you to also borrow from for your session!
Here are the links to her family’s outfits:
Ready to reserve your date for your own relaxed studio maternity session?
Remember to check out this Indianapolis Baby Boutiques blog post by Aleah Gregory who is sharing her favorite high-end baby boutiques in Indianapolis. If you are ever in Indianapolis, be sure to check these out.
Want to read more about maternity and newborn photos? Check out these blog posts: