When you think about getting family photos done, you probably think about timing them for the fall. But let me tell you why Summer Outdoor family photos are the best!
For starters, the weather in Portland, Oregon in the summer is perfect!
- Flowers are in bloom
- It’s drier than the rest of the year
- We get the most magical sunsets
- It’s typically not too hot or too cold
In the fall, we are faced with navigating the rainy season, which can often lead to reschedules. I rarely ever have to reschedule a summer family photo session.
Wondering what a typical photography experience with me looks like? Let me break it down for you:
- Once you complete the booking process, we’ll get on a quick zoom pre-planning call to go over outfits for the whole family. I’ll show you pieces from my client wardrobe that you can borrow from. We’ll pull together a cohesive look for the entire family. Because your outfits make a HUGE different in the overall look and feel of your images.
- We’ll discuss location options during our pre-session planning call. I have a few favorite places I love going to which photograph beautifully!
- You’ll receive a welcome box in the mail with my session planning guide. This includes tips on how to prepare your kiddos for your session. It also includes images of the different heirloom photo products that I offer. It also includes some special goodies for you!
- Session Day: Your session will either take place at sunrise or in the 90 minutes before sunset. Summer outdoor family photo sessions typically last about 30-60 minutes depending on how many breaks we need to take.
- After the session, I get to work editing all of your images to match my style – this is where a lot of the magic happens! It takes about 2 weeks for me to edit everything from our session.
- Once I’m done with all of the edits, we’ll hop on a zoom reveal & ordering call. I’ll show you your images, we’ll select your favorites, and then we’ll plan out how you want to preserve these memories so that you can cherish them forever. Whether that’s a custom heirloom album for your coffee table and/or a few museum quality fine art prints for your wall. Together, we’ll make sure you walk away with some beautiful artwork that you can hold in your hands!
- About 4-6 weeks after your ordering appointment, I’ll be in touch about delivering your order to your door!
Photographing families and capturing the bond between family members in Portland in the summer is one of my favorite things! Ready to book your summer outdoor family photo session?
Ashlie specializes in Maternity, Newborn, Child, and Family Photography. Serving the Portland, Oregon area including Lake Oswego, West Linn, Beaverton, Hillsdale, Tigard, Wilsonville, Tualatin, Vancouver, Sylvan-Brindlemile, Irvington/Grant Park, SW Hills, Multnomah Village, Cedar Mill, Bethany, Nob Hill, and Sellwood.
Welcome and thanks for stopping by. Interested in chatting about summer outdoor family photos? You’ve come to the right place. Photographing your beautiful family in this exact moment of life is my specialty!
I believe you deserve to be pampered a bit before your photo session which is why I’ve paired with an amazing hair and make-up artist who will get you all glammed up before your portrait session.
Worried about what to wear? No problem. I’ve carefully curated a feminine client wardrobe for you to borrow from for your family session. All of the dresses in my wardrobe photograph beautifully and I have a wide variety of sizes ensuring we’ll find something that’ll fit you perfectly. I also have baby clothes in sizes 0-12 months for your little ones to wear. Prior to your session we’ll hop on a zoom planning call to chat about outfits for the entire family. I’m here to help make the process as smooth and easy as possible for you.
Wondering what to do with your photos after our session? Don’t worry – I’ve got you. I have a beautiful collection of heirloom quality artwork that you can choose from ensuring your photos come to life in your home and don’t get lost on your computer never to be enjoyed.