Choosing between a full fall family photography session and a mini session can be a crucial decision to make, as it impacts your overall experience and the final results of your family portraits. Let’s delve deeper into how to determine which option is the best fit for you.
A full fall family photography session offers you the full service portrait experience. Which means I help you with all of the planning for your session to ensure everything runs smoothly and is as ‘stree-free’ as possible.
I am participating in a blog circle this month and am sharing a link to another amazing photographer in Atlanta! Be sure to check out her link at the end of this blog post.
A full fall family photography session is probably the right choice for you if:
- Relaxed Experience: If you prefer a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere during your photo session, a full session allows ample time for me to photograph natural and candid moments.
- Kids’ Comfort: Younger children often need extra time to warm up to the camera. A full session provides this additional time, resulting in more comfortable and genuine expressions.
- Location Variety: You can select your preferred location from a curated list, ensuring that the setting aligns perfectly with your vision for the photos.
- Styling Assistance: If you’d like help with styling your family’s outfits to achieve a coordinated and visually appealing look, a full family photography session experience includes this valuable service.
- Diverse Gallery: With a full session, you can expect a wide variety of images in your gallery, from all of the amazing moments we were able to create together. Showing off more moments of connectedness with the members of your family.
- Professional Touch: Enjoy the added benefit of working with my amazing hair and makeup artist who will help you look and feel your best for your fall family photography session. She excels at enhancing your natural features to help you shine on your session day.
- Artwork Assistance: If you appreciate printed albums and framed artwork but don’t have the time to manage this yourself, the full fall family photography experience includes design services, helping you select your favorite images and choosing the best way to display them with heirloom albums and fine art framed prints.
On the other hand, if time constraints or specific preferences guide your choice, a mini fall family photography session might be more suitable for you.
These sessions are held once per year in the fall on one evening in early November. Sessions are scheduled back-to-back at a pre-determined location in the surrounding Portland area.
A mini fall family photography session is probably a good fit for you if:
- Quick Session: Mini sessions are brief and fast-paced, making them ideal if you have limited time or prefer shorter photo sessions.
- Styling Independence: If you’re confident in your ability to style your family for the shoot, with a little guidance from a style guide, a mini session can be a great option.
- Fewer Images: Mini sessions are perfect if you only need a handful of images for holiday cards or as gifts for family members.
- Self-Printing: If you’re comfortable with printing through your online gallery and creating your own albums and artwork, a mini session allows for this flexibility.
Ultimately, the choice between a full and a mini fall family photography session depends on your preferences, needs, and the experience you desire. If you have any more questions or need further clarification about these options, feel free to ask in the comments or send a direct message. Don’t forget that 2023 fall family photography sessions are now open for booking, so you can secure your spot and create lasting memories with your little loves.
Learn more about the photography experience with these helpful blogs:
- 5 Tips for Fall Family Portraits
- What to Wear for Fall Family Photos
- 10 Excellent Questions To Ask Your Potential Family Photographer
If you plan on visiting Atlanta anytime soon, be sure to check out this blog post by a fellow photographer in Atlanta who’s sharing all of the top spas for a prenatal massage in Atlanta.